Saturday, August 01, 2009

Primo Spot



There’s never a better feeling than finding a primo parking spot near work. You see, where I work, parking is hard to find. Free parking is even harder to find. There is also free parking about 10-15 min walk from the office building at a neighborhood park, if you can find a spot. If you can find it, it is still a bit away from the office.

Where I work, parking is definitely a premium. One must pay an outrageous price to park inside the office building. The third option aside from busing, is to park at 2 hour parking spots two blocks away from the work place. This is one of the closest free parking spots you can find. The problem with these 2 hour parking spots are just that, it’s only 2 hours. Parking enforcers usually give people a half an hour leeway before they ticket you. So if you park in this zone, you would have to check your car every 2.5 hours for marked tires. Tedious to say the least. Each ticket will set you back $35. That’s 35 chances at the lottery jackpot. 35 slices of pizza sold at 93 cents each. That’s one month of food and education for a World Vision Child.

There is a set of spots however, that are as close to the office as the 2 hour parking spots. They are the closest free parking spots that you can find, but space is limited. This is what I call the primo spot. When you score one of these spots it’s one of the happiest feelings in the world. It’s free, and it gives you peace of mind knowing that there’s no way in hell you will get a parking ticket today. I just can’t help wipe that stupid grin off my face when I land one of these spots.

Then I realize I have another 8 hours of work ahead of me.

No comments: